Note of Appreciation
I extend my sincere appreciation to Dr. KJ Oommen for an outstanding CME lecture on recent advances in neurostimulation therapies, especially in Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions.
His presentation reflected the rigor and curiosity of a true scientist—delivered with clarity, insight, and enthusiasm. The audience was probably enthralled by his ability to translate complex science into meaningful clinical practice.
Thank you Dr. KJ Oommen for sharing your expertise and inspiring all of us to advance patient care through innovation and knowledge.
Regards,
Dr. Anasseril Daniel.
This was a great insight into the technological advancement and precision therapy in the mysterious and fascinating world of neuroscience- Thank you for arranging this Dr.Mammen & Dr Oommen.
Regards, Dr. Ormila Kovilam.
Excellent talk. Enjoyed and learned a lot. Thanks Drs Ommen, Liz and Paul.
Regards, Dr. Ravindranathan.
"Thank you Dr. Oommen for a very informative CME last night." Dr. Venkit Iyer.
"Absolutely amazing talk yesterday . It was soo exciting to hear the recent advances in the field of medicine . Even though not too common in everyday pediatric practice it was soo wonderful to listen to the presentation and learn . Thank you so much Dr Oommen for that incredible talk." Dr. Sindhu Pillai.
President's message:
I just want to extend our heart felt thank you to Dr Ommen and Dr Alias. The lecture by Dr. Oommen for a dynamic and detailed lecture and to Dr Mathew Alias for moderating the session. We had great questions for discussion and participation from the audience .We had 50 plus people in attendance. Thank you to all for joining the virtual CME session today. Please look out for more such sessions in the coming months. Please don't forget to claim your CME credit by Nov 18th. 2025.
Please see the flyer for details on how to claim your credit.
Once again thank you all and to preetha for her technical support from Cochin.
This is recorded and will be available on the AKMG website.
Also don't forget to register for the AKMG Convention at AKMG.org.
Much appreciated.
Elizabeth Mammen-Prasad.
When people ask what it is like to be a woman in interventional electrophysiology, I tell them the truth: for most of my career, I was the only one at the table. Not the only woman in the EP lab; nurses, techs, and coordinators have always been the backbone of every EP lab I have worked in, but the only woman standing in lead, with the catheters in her hands. That has changed. It has not changed enough. Cardiology remains one of the least gender-balanced fields in medicine, and the procedural subspecialties EP, interventional, structural are the narrowest part of that funnel. We are not short on talented women entering medical school. We lose them somewhere between the classroom and the lab. I have thought a lot about where that loss happens, and I no longer believe it is mostly about ability or even about ambition. It is about permission, the quiet, cumulative sense of whether a room expects you to be in it. The room does not hand you authority ... Early on, I learned that bei...





Comments
Post a Comment