Hello AKMG family,
I have to make a very special mention. Last night, after I got home from the convention, literally exhausted, I got a message from Dr. M.P. Ravindra Nathan, who was unable to attend the convention due to health reasons and had just been discharged from the hospital, was following us through chats on how our convention was going, he was genuinely happy to see the immages and videos and it lifted his spirits.
He really wished he could have been there.He already supported our convention tremendously by donating in several ways without even asking.
But last night he sent an additional $1000 to cover the costs of convention.
I was deeply moved and literally in tears for the love and affection he showed us through this selfless act of support for the AKMG NJ convention.
We really missed Dr. Nathan at our convention, as he was to be honored as a past president of AKMG and co chair of the souvenir committee.
I am literally lost for words because of his generosity and affection. Dr. Nathan, you will have a special place in my heart. I was able to read Dr. Nathan's book on his experience as a renal transplant recipient, hit close to home. As my youngest brother Lt Colonel Philip Mammen was going through renal failure and we, as siblings, tried our best to get him a renal transplant if there was any chance.Dr Nathan story resonated well with me as his sister donated the kidney for his survival, and much as I wish I could have done that for Philip, I was not a candidate due to my cancer history. God had other plans for Philip .May God bless you Dr Nathan with continued recovery.
You are truly an angel among us. You quietly do things without recognition or fanfare...this is my small tribute to you Dr Nathan,
hopefully we shall see you in person and recognize you appropriately.
With deep respect and heartfelt gratitude and love ❤️🙏💐
Elizabeth Mammen Prasad
Cancer. The word itself strikes fear, bringing to mind a disease that feels like a betrayal from within. As the world's number-two killer, its a subject of immense research, with over a million papers published in the last fifty years alone. But what if our understanding of cancer is fundamentally flawed? What if this seemingly modern disease is not a chaotic accident of our genes, but a ghost of our evolutionary past, an ancient survival mechanism gone rogue? This perspective, while perhaps surprising, is gaining traction among scientists. It suggests that cancer is not a new invention of damaged cells, but a reversion to an older, more primitive way of life. To truly grasp this idea, we must embark on a journey back in time, over a billion years, to the very dawn of multicellular life. The Great Evolutionary Leap: From Individualism to Community For a staggering two billion years, life on Earth consisted solely of single-celled organisms. Their imperative was simple and si...

Thanks so much Dr Liza
ReplyDelete