Thank you Dr.Elizabeth Mammen Prasad, Dr George Prasad, Dr.Rekha Menon, Dr.Liza Protasis and Dr.Bikram Kabir for making the AKMG New Jersey convention a memorable one after all the heart aches of planning and getting it off the ground.
I want to thank all the writers, with a propensity to express themselves a big thank you for making the literary forum a big success.
Thank you to the audience for the wonderful feedback that we at the literary forum received.
Truly a place where medicine and minds meet, a place where art and science meet.
Thank you Dr Venkat Iyer who is one of the founders of AKMG for your valuable input. His book on Lifestyle medicine is an eyeopener.
This important topic was never taught to us during our residency or fellowship. So thank you for your book.
Dr. Thomas Payapilli spoke from his book about Healthy Habits for lifelong wellness and explained how he came off the BP medicines with time restricted eating and many other habits.
Dr. Charles Kannankeril has 84 patents under his belt. He informed us that the grocery bags are his invention. I sure will remember him when I am at the grocery stores. An amazing innovator, students have studied the art of entrepreneurship by reading his book; The inventor in you.
Dr. Mathew Thekkedath is an absolute fan of Malayalam literature. He gave us rich insights into Malayalam poetry, spoke about Vayalar and other stalwarts. His passion for poetry lit up the room. I was transported to my childhood where my father would play these songs.
Dr. Urmila Kovilam spoke about her book and contributions to gynecology.
As for me, I write from my heart about emotions related to the heart, emotions that help us navigate through life. I learn something from every human interaction, from their dilemmas and mine and then pen them.
I write to understand life, to understand relationships, to understand myself.
And I write mostly for me.
But if you wish you can find my book Tame The Mind: An Exploration of Love, Sex, Happiness on Amazon.
But hey, in this day and age not many people read.
So I did open the literary forum trying to reason; Why literature is important in our lives and especially at such conventions.
Through fictional characters, stories can help us understand human nature in depth and show us how to overcome challenges that visual media rarely helps us achieve.
If only we can go back to reading; one thing I can vouch for is that reading staves off loneliness. Books can be your best friend. You must have heard this sentence a few decades ago! Not anymore!
And in our fraternity we discuss a lot about loneliness!
Well here is one answer out of 100's of other answers!
A MOTHER'S DILEMMA, a poem by Dr Asha Menon recited at the AK medical graduates 2026 convention.
https://youtu.be/r76-R2euFEE?is=lDJCNgx_VdhayI3a
Cancer. The word itself strikes fear, bringing to mind a disease that feels like a betrayal from within. As the world's number-two killer, its a subject of immense research, with over a million papers published in the last fifty years alone. But what if our understanding of cancer is fundamentally flawed? What if this seemingly modern disease is not a chaotic accident of our genes, but a ghost of our evolutionary past, an ancient survival mechanism gone rogue? This perspective, while perhaps surprising, is gaining traction among scientists. It suggests that cancer is not a new invention of damaged cells, but a reversion to an older, more primitive way of life. To truly grasp this idea, we must embark on a journey back in time, over a billion years, to the very dawn of multicellular life. The Great Evolutionary Leap: From Individualism to Community For a staggering two billion years, life on Earth consisted solely of single-celled organisms. Their imperative was simple and si...



Comments
Post a Comment